Monday, January 26, 2009

Only in Lebanon...

BabaGannouj sent me the link to this maybe a week ago, and in case you haven't already seen it, I thought I'd share.




Apparently, BBC reporter Darius Bazargan was going to report another story in Beirut when he caught this beauty on tape on the autostrade:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7837920.stm

I thought the police were starting to try to crack down on people for speeding, not wearing the seat belt and tinted windows, but this is ok?? What happens if they have to stop at an Army checkpoint---the driver lowers his window, turns down his music, says "Allahy aweek" then the soldier looks into the car, nods and signals to let him continue but takes a step back to avoid being hit by the cow's head??

I guess there's worse things to worry about in Lebanon than a cow in the back seat....but still


~LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment