Friday, April 23, 2010

Beirut, I Love You (I Love You Not)

I just stumbled across this and I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEEE it, you guys have to watch! it's a short film called "Beirut, I Love You (I Love You Not)"

Some of you will recognize the opening song--it's "Raksit Leila" by the Lebanese band Mashrou3 Leila which reminds me of the opening of the second "Flying Kebab" episode (see below) also the "This is Yasmine...Yasmine likes..." bit is inspired by Amelie (see clip below). The part after where we see the progression of Yasmine and Tarek's relationship (good to bad times) I recognized as from the short film with Natalie Portman in the movie "Paris, je t'aime" undoubtedly the inspiration for this movie's title (see below)

Enjoy!



Info:

Beirut, I Love You (I Love You Not), a Beirut-ish tribute to Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Amelie Poulain, is a short film by “An Orange Dog Productions” about (fleeting) love & the little pleasures in life, all set and in relation with the very inspiring city of Beirut.

The film has already been selected in: – The Swansea Bay Film Festival – UK (2010) – The International Youth Film Festival – UK (2010) – The International Film Festival of Egypt (2010) – The Lebanese Film Festival of Montreal, Canada (2010) – The Creative Commons Salon in Amman, Jordan (2009)


Amelie Likes...




Flying Kebab - Episode # 2



Paris Je t'aime, Faubourg Saint Denis

(Skip to 3:35 for the part i'm talking about)




~LZ

2 comments:

  1. Paris, j'e t'aime is a beautiful movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it? albeit their are some pretty weird short films like the one with elijah wood or the one with the old man that goes to the asian beauty salon...

    they should make one about Beirut! (they've just made one on NY)

    ~LZ

    ReplyDelete