Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Li2mi Zgheeri (A Little Taste...) n°13

I knew it!

When I was watching the Grammys I saw Carrie Underwood's dress while she was performing the MJ Tribute onstage and I thought "that looks like Reem Acra!"

When I compiled the pics of the celebs wearing Lebanese Designers, I couldn't find mention of Carrie's performance dress anywhere--only of her Red Carpet Georges Chakra Dress...

But as it turns out, I was right! (My friends will tell u I like to think I'm right all the time...not true!)

Check out the pics below and read the following:










Carrie Underwood's Grammy Style Snapped Up

Posted: February 2nd, 2010 at 12:42 pm | By: Alison Bonaguro
Technically, I'm still on the waiting list at this Gilt.com sample sale virtual outlet. But I really wish I'd been a member yesterday (Feb. 1) because they are the proud sellers of everything awesome, like the same style of dress Carrie Underwood rocked during the Michael Jackson tribute at the Grammy Awards. You know, the gold lame strapless chiffon one with all that beading going on at the waist? That one. (Not to be confused with the rock star-turned-angel white Georges Chakra one she had on on the red carpet.) The gown is by a Lebanese designer Reem Acra, who is quickly becoming a favorite of anyone going anywhere important. But alas, it sold out within hours of going on sale at this inventory reduction hot spot for around $1,500. The original retail price was more in the neighborhood of $5,400. Both prices are way beyond my reach, but I am genuinely happy for whoever is the proud new owner.

Source: http://blog.cmt.com/2010-02-02/carrie-underwoods-grammy-style-snapped-up/

No comments:

Post a Comment